Social Media Conversations for Your Business
Wow… I just listened to a powerful interview on “The Art of Social Media Conversations” (an interview with Jason Falls – founder of Social Media Explorer) To watch the interview go to http://www.socialmediaexaminer.com
Here are some of the key points Jason shares in this video:
- Listen to your competition as well as your current customers and what they are saying about your company
- Social media conversations are dialogues and even “multi-logues” where others listen to your 1-on-1 conversations
- Social media is about building long term lasting relationships with customers
- Listen for and respond to both positive and negative comments multiplies the good vibes around your brand
- Soon businesses will be creating social businesses where customers come for community and not just to buy your product
- The best social media programs take the online world and move it to the offline world
I love how Social Media is taking us back to the day of “customer service”. 30+ years ago I was in retail marketing in Kansas City…and in those days we “listened” to our clients to find out what they were wanting. We all know what has happened over the years with companies cutting out what they considered “frills” (ie…taking care of the customer) and only looking at the “bottom line”. I see this rebuilding of community online as an excellent way to bring back good old fashioned “relationships” in business. Great interview and information!!
~ by ConnectTheeDots on February 24, 2010.